Coriander Chutney is widely known as Indian Green Sauce. It is a popular sauce offered with many Snacks such as Fritters aka Pakoras and Parathas. Due to its spicy nature it is a also served with Sandwich and Chaats. It is popularly known as Dhaniya Chutney in different parts of Indian sub-continent. The two key ingredients Coriander and Mint are well known for many health benefits. Coriander and Mint are rich sources of Iron, Magnesium, dietary fiber, Vitamin C, Vitamin K, Protein, Vitamin A and Folate. Adding Coriander Chutney or green sauce to your meal not only adds flavour but also provides many health benefits. Coriander helps lower bad cholesterol, is a good anti-oxidant and improves your digestion. Coriander Chutney recipe is a quick and simple recipe which you can easily prepare in less than 10 mins.
Since, Coriander Chutney does not go bad easily hence you can prepare it once and it will be good for more than a week.
Coriander Chutney recipe is a quick recipe which takes approx 10 mins to prepare Chutney and boosts your meal with tasty flavour. There is no cook time involved here so that is a plus. To make Coriander Chutney, simply add ingredients in mentioned proportions and blend them well. Once prepared you can serve chutney along with many items such as – Paneer Pakoras, Onion Pakoras, Aloo Pakoras, Cauliflower Fritters aka Gobi Pakora, Aloo Paratha, Mooli Paratha, Gobi Paratha, Potato Sandwich, Vegetable Sandwich etc and the list is endless.
Explore More Recipes & Articles
Considering all the health benefits and its excellent taste let us now discuss how to make Coriander Chutney at home. Refer recipe card and detailed steps for more details.
Making Coriander Chutney at home
In this section we will go through detailed steps with pictures of different milestones so you can validate your progress. Coriander Chutney recipe is a simple recipe which you can prepare within 10 mins at home.
Prerequisite to make Coriander Chutney at home
The key ingredients for Coriander Chutney are Coriander leaves and Mint. To prepare best Coriander Chutney at home, take fresh Coriander leaves and Mint leaves. Also, you can vary proportion of different spices used in this recipe as per your preference.
Tips & Tricks – If stems are soft and fresh then there is no need to pluck Coriander leaves as you can use them straight away to prepare Chutney.
Preparing Coriander Chutney
To prepare Coriander Chutney, first wash Coriander leaves and few Mint leaves thoroughly. Now chop green chillies into pieces.
Once done take these Coriander leaves, Mint leaves, green chillies, peanuts, sesame seeds in a blender jar and add Black salt, Table salt, Red chillies powder, Cumin seeds to it.
Now blend them in a blender or mixture. You should blend it until chutney gets a smooth texture. Add some water if required as this will help blend ingredients properly.
Now take chutney in a bowl and add some lime juice to it. Thoroughly mix them well with a spoon.
Explore More Recipes & Articles
And that is all what is required to make Green Chutney aka Green Sauce. We recommend serving it with Pakoras, Parathas or Sandwich.
Be creative and enjoy this green sauce with many other varieties of item.
Chef Recommendation for Coriander Chutney
- Always take fresh Coriander leaves and mint leaves to prepare Coriander Chutney
- If you are allergic to peanuts, replace peanuts with fresh Coconut slices.
Discover More Recipes
And that is not all folks! Shall we take this opportunity to invite you to discover more tasty and yummy recipes in our food wonderland.
- Check our Snacks and Recipes section for dish ideas to complement with Coriander Chutney.
- We recommend trying Coriander Chutney with these recipes –
Coriander Chutney Recipe | Green Sauce Recipe
Main Ingredients for Coriander Chutney or Green Sauce
- 70 g Coriander leaves Hara Dhaniya
- Few Mint leaves Pudina Patti
- 10 g Green chilies Hari Mirch
- 10 g Peanuts Mungfali
- 1 tsp Sesame Seeds Til
- 1/8 tsp Table salt Namak or As per taste
- 1/4 tsp Black salt Kala Namak
- 1/8 tsp Red Chillies Powder Lal Mirch
- 1 tsp Cumin Seeds Jeera
- 1/2 Lime
Preparation Steps to make Coriander Chutney or Green Sauce
- First, take some water and wash fresh Coriander leaves and few fresh Mint leaves with it.70 g Coriander leaves, Few Mint leaves
- Now chop Green chillies into small pieces.10 g Green chilies
How to make Coriander Chutney or Green Sauce
- Once done, now take Coriander leaves, Mint leaves, green chillies, peanuts, sesame seeds in a blender jar.70 g Coriander leaves, Few Mint leaves, 10 g Green chilies, 10 g Peanuts, 1 tsp Sesame Seeds
- Now add Black salt, Table salt, Red chillies powder, Cumin seeds to it.1/8 tsp Table salt, 1/4 tsp Black salt, 1/8 tsp Red Chillies Powder, 1 tsp Cumin Seeds
- Blend it until chutney gets a smooth texture. Add some water if required.
- Now take chutney in a bowl and add lime juice to it. Mix it well with a spoon so that lime juice dissolves well.1/2 Lime
- Your tasty Green Coriander chutney or Green Sauce is now ready to be served with Pakoras and Parathas.
- To prepare best Coriander Chutney take fresh Coriander and Mint leaves else it will not blend properly in the mixer / blender.
- You can also add 1 tbsp Sugar while blending if you prefer Sweet and Chilli Coriander Chutney.
- If you are allergic to peanuts then you can replace peanuts with 2 – 3 fresh coconut slices.