Lassi is a traditional drink made from Yogurt. It is a popular summer drink in Indian sub-continent. During summers you can easily find Lassi as a drink option in most restaurants and hotels menu. Though market offers many cold drinks from big brands, lassi has its own huge fan following. Discovering a large consumer base, big multi-national companies have started offering their very own Lassi brands. Though these branded Lassi’s taste good they are chemically treated and filled with artificial flavours. Hence, it is better to make Lassi at home. There are many types of Lassi that can be prepared easily such as – Mango Lassi, Salty Lassi, Bhang Lassi, Strawberry Lassi and Sweet Lassi. Sweet Lassi Recipe is very simple and it hardly takes 5 mins to prepare Sweet Lassi at home. It is quite a refreshing drink which is not just good in taste but is also healthy. Health benefits mainly come from Yogurt since it is the main ingredient.
Yogurt is a rich source of Protein and Calcium. 100 g Natural Yogurt provides 5.1 g Protein and 132 mg Calcium. Therefore it is a good source for Vitamins and minerals especially for Vegetarians and kids. Yogurt also helps improve digestion and improves immunity. Considering the health benefits, it is good to include Lassi as a regular part of your diet. In this article we will go through steps on How to make Sweet Lassi at home. Refer our recipe card and detailed steps to make Sweet Lassi.
Making Sweet Lassi at home
Sweet lassi is very easy to prepare at home and it takes less than 5 mins to prepare this drink. In this section we provide detailed steps required to prepare the drink. We have also added few pictures of milestones so you can validate and check your progress.
Prerequisite to prepare Sweet Lassi at home
Yogurt is the main ingredient of Sweet Lassi, hence check that it is not sour before preparing the drink. A sour Yogurt is not suitable for making Sweet Lassi since it will spoil the taste. Also, check Yogurt sweetness so you can determine how much sugar you would need to add to make this drink.
There are many type of Yogurts available in the market such as Greek Yogurt, Natural Yogurt and you can choose any of them. We chose Natural Yogurt since it is a good source of Protein and Calcium and also because we like it.
Preparing Sweet Lassi at home
The steps required to prepare Sweet Lassi are very simple. First take 4 – 5 cubes of ice and crush them using a blender. Now take some Yogurt in blender jar and add Skimmed milk, Sugar, Cashew Nuts, Almonds and Rose Water to it.
Now add some crushed ice cubes into the jar and blend until a smooth and creamy Sweet Lassi is ready.
Pour prepared Lassi into serving glasses and garnish with chopped Pistachio, Dried Cranberries and Saffron.
Explore Navratri Food Recipes
Take a sip of this refreshing drink, relax and enjoy the summers.
Chef Recommendation for Sweet Lassi
- Check Yogurt sweetness and add Sugar accordingly.
- You can use sweeteners in place of Sugar.
- You can try Saffron or Kus Kus (Poppy seeds) in place of Rose water for a different flavour.
Discover More Recipes
And that is not all folks! Shall we take this opportunity to invite you to discover more tasty and yummy recipes in our food wonderland.
- Check more such drinks in our Beverages section.
- How about trying few more tasty drinks this Summer. Check our drinks recipes –
Sweet Lassi Recipe
Main Ingredients for Sweet Lassi
- 2 cup Natural Yogurt Curd
- 1/2 cup Skimmed milk
- 1 tsp Rose Water Gulab Jal
- 3 tbsp Sugar Cheeni
- 4 Almonds Badam
- 5 Cashew Nuts Kaju
Optional Ingredients for Sweet Lassi
- Pinch of Saffron Kesar
- 3 Pistachio Pista
- Few Dried Sweeten Cranberry
How to make Sweet Lassi
- Take 4 – 5 cubes of ice and crush them using a blender.
- Take Yogurt in blender jar and add Skimmed milk, Sugar, Cashew Nuts, Almonds and Rose Water to it.2 cup Natural Yogurt, 1/2 cup Skimmed milk, 1 tsp Rose Water, 4 Almonds, 5 Cashew Nuts, 3 tbsp Sugar
- Add crushed ice cubes into the jar and blend until a smooth and creamy Sweet Lassi is ready.
- Pour prepared Lassi into serving glasses and garnish with chopped Pistachio, Dried Cranberries and Saffron.3 Pistachio, Few Dried Sweeten Cranberry, Pinch of Saffron
- Take a sip of this refreshing drink, relax and enjoy the summers.
- You can use honey in place of Sugar if you prefer honey.
- You can also replace Skimmed milk with coconut milk or almond milk.
- You can also use grated coconut or raisins in place of Pistachio and Cranberries.
- If you want, you can replace skimmed milk with cold water, in case you want not to use milk.
- To make Lassi more thick reduce the quantity of Skimmed milk or water.
- Ensure Yogurt is not sour and adjust Sugar based on Yogurt’s sweetness.
- You can supplement the drink by adding some fresh cream on top of Lassi while serving.
- You can use other types of Yogurts such as Greek Yogurt etc to make Lassi. The flavour may change slightly but you may like the new flavour.