Summers are here and after long cold winter season it is time when you could finally put on some cool sunglasses, wear shorts, your favorite T-shirts and just get into the mood for some fun. Summers are great but as the mercury starts rising you may want to start thinking about some cool chilled drinks and shakes to keep yourself hydrated and enjoy your weekends with friends and family at home. So, considering this as the requirement from you let us present the Mango Shake Recipe. This recipe is very easy to prepare and gives you an ultimate soothing experience.
Summers – the hot and dry season on one hand offers you a good chance to visit beaches, hill stations etc while on other hand they give you a chance to taste some amazing seasonal fruits, yummy smoothies and shakes. Mango Shake is one such drink that you can easily prepare at home without much hassle. Mango Shake Recipe is one of the simplest recipes that you can prepare at home since it does not require much ingredients and it is open for customization based on personal preferences.
Mangoes comes in different varieties, most popular being – Alphonso, Badami, Chausa, Dasheri and many more. In summers, markets are full of these varieties and if you are a Mango lover just like us you may want to have them all.
Want to know more about mangoes popularity?
India is one of the largest producers of Mangoes. You can understand popularity of Mangoes in India by the fact that during summer seasons there are many Mango festivals and Mango eating competitions organised each year in different parts of India. In New Delhi, it is organized by the Delhi Tourism and Transportation Development Corporation in coordination with other concerned organizations. The festival is attended by the buyers from all over the globe. These buyers ensure to make their presence in these festivals as it encourages vigorous trading of the fruit. Similar Mango festivals are also organized by other state governments in India.
Since, Mangoes are seasonal fruits hence during summers they are priced quite high. If you plan to have a Mango Shake in market it is quite costly. Wouldn’t it just be nice if you know how to make Mango Shake at home.
To feel refreshed in this hot summer we bring to you the most popular refreshing drink of summers – Mango Shake. Refer recipe card to see step by step instructions on how to make Mango Shake at home.
Making Mango Shake at home
Here we go through different steps which you need to take in preparing this yummy drink at home. We have added few pictures of different stages of preparation so you can validate and check if everything is as expected.
Prerequisite to make Mango Shake
Since the Mangoes are the key ingredients which give flavour to this drink hence you must prepare the drink with good quality mangoes. We recommend using Alphonso or Badami mangoes. Though you may use any other type of mangoes but the taste will vary drastically. Also watch out for mangoes which have been processed artificially. Did you recently hear use of chemicals such as Carbide to ripen fruits then believe us that is a definitely a thing and not good for your health. Check our tips and tricks section for link to our article on How to choose mangoes and find out more details.
Tips & Tricks – Worried about the use of Carbide to ripen fruits, check our article on how to choose mangoes to find out things you should keep in mind before buying mangoes.
Preparing Mango Shake
Mango Shake recipe is one of those where you can make various customization based on your preferences and availability of ingredients and still rest assured of having a great drink.
To prepare the drink, wash the mangoes thoroughly. This will ensure that various chemicals and wax used by vendors to make mangoes appear fresh and attractive are washed away.
Explore Navratri Food Recipes
Once the mangoes are washed, peel them and cut the mango pulp into small pieces using a kitchen knife.
Now add mango pulp to mixer/blender and add 2 cups of skimmed milk to it. Based on sweetness of mangoes you can add 2 table spoon Sugar. You can also add some nuts such as cashew nuts at this stage. This will add extra flavour to Mango Shake but this is all a matter of personal choice.
Now run the mixer / grinder so that you have an evenly textured shake.
Now, pour the mango shake into glasses and add finely chopped Cashew nuts, pistachio on top of it to make it look more stunning and yummy. So here is your very own Mango Shake ready to be served.
Chef Recommendation for Mango Shake
- If you like ice-cream then you may also choose to add a scoop of ice cream on top while serving or add some grated coconut for added flavour.
- Check mangoes sweetness first as you may choose not to add Sugar based on it.
Discover More Recipes
And that is not all folks! Shall we take this opportunity to invite you to discover more tasty and yummy recipes in our food wonderland.
- Check more such drinks in our Beverages section.
- How about trying few more tasty drinks this Summer. Check our drinks recipes –
Mango Shake Recipe
Main Ingredients for Mango Shake
- 2 Large Ripe Alphonso Mangoes Badami Aam or Safeda Aam
- 2 cup Skimmed Milk can replace with Whole milk
- 2 tbsp Sugar Cheeni
- 5 Cashew Kaju
- 2 chopped pieces Cashew Kaju
- 2 chopped pieces Pistachio Pista
Optional Ingredients for Mango Shake
- 4 ice-cubes
How to make Mango Shake
- Wash and peel mangoes. Then chop the mango pulp into small pieces.2 Large Ripe Alphonso Mangoes
- Now add mango pulp into the mixer / blender jar and add skimmed milk, cashew nuts and sugar.2 Large Ripe Alphonso Mangoes, 2 cup Skimmed Milk, 5 Cashew, 2 tbsp Sugar
- Add ice cubes into the jar and blend until a smooth and creamy shake is ready. Make sure there is no thick mango pulp remaining else it will ruin the experience.4 ice-cubes
- Pour prepared shake into serving glasses and garnish with chopped nuts.2 chopped pieces Cashew, 2 chopped pieces Pistachio
- Wow! Your Mango shake is ready. Relax and enjoy your drink this summer with family and friends.
- You can also replace Skimmed milk with coconut milk or almond milk.
- You can also use grated coconut or raisins in place of Cashews or Pistachio
- Check Mango sweetness so you can add more/less sugar if required.
- By adding more milk you can make thin Mango Shake, if that is what you would prefer.
- If you prefer more fibre in fruit drinks then we recommend you to use a different variety of Mango. Fibres are considered good for health.
- You can supplement the drink by adding a scoop of Ice-cream (your favourite flavour) on top of Mango shake while serving.
- You can also use Mango pulp available in market however we recommend using fresh mangoes to prepare the drink.
- If you want, you can also add some Saffron to add additional flavour and colour.
- To have real flavor of Mango choose the correct Mango from Market